Complimentary Playbook: The Six Questions OEMs Need to Ask Before Choosing an Electronics Partner
When bringing new products to market, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) need to be confident as they select partners to engineer and build key electronic components. Whether the priority is cost, quality or building onshore, there are many variables to consider to ensure a safe and reliable product reaches the shelf.
Yet with all these variables, there is little unbiased information to help find the right path. In Etratech’s playbook “The Six Key Questions OEMs Need to Ask Before Choosing an Electronics Partner,” Etratech CEO Michael Desnoyers lays out the critical factors decision makers need to consider. Desnoyers, a long-time industry veteran, will walk through each point in plain English, including:
- How important is it for your partner to have specific vertical experience? Is the organization diversified enough to bring new-to-market ideas?
- Which standards does your market require or demand, and how do you find a partner that can meet those standards?
- Offshore vs. Onshore: Which is right for your business, and why
- How much transparency should you expect from your partner regarding the sourcing of your parts?
- Do you require engineering support, and can your new partner provide it?
- Does your partner sell to your competitors? How important a consideration is this?