Etratech Inc. has been building custom electronics for the automotive industry for nearly 25 years. Our automotive industry experience made us the right choice for this client who was looking for a TS16949 certified partner capable of assembling their electronic modules for a major North American vehicle manufacturer. Etratech’s global footprint enabled us to provide this customer with the scalable and flexible manufacturing solution they needed. Our facilities are able to handle everything from mid to high volumes, high capacity with low PPM.
After completing a thorough design for manufacture (DFx) process, our team provided a number of design improvements resulting in significant cost reductions and reliability enhancements. We also introduced innovative PCB design improvements that enabled the customer to offer multiple versions of their product while using one PCB design, delivering further cost savings. Additionally, the team introduced a value-added plastic assembly to help reduce the customer’s handling concerns.
Etratech’s DFx services are one of our most significant and valuable benefits, enjoyed by every one of our customers. Our design for manufacture services really do set us apart from conventional electronic contract manufacturers (ECM’s).
For more information about Etratech and the various PCB assemblies we can build for you, please call us at (866) 681-7544, or continue browsing our website.
Automotive Electronic Module Specs
- PCB Layout to Customer Schematic
- Mechanical Design assistance
- Pin & Paste insertion for intrusive soldering
Surface Mount Technology Onsertion
- Paste Stencil (Lead Free)
- Laser date code marking
- Circuit Board Assembly to housing
- Class A Surface Must Be Free of Scratches or Imperfections
- Fully Automated Robotic Final Functional Test (Designed by Etratech)
Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- Autosplice Compact Pinner
- DEK Horizon 265 Screen Printer
- Panasonic CM402L SMT Placement Line
- Vitronics 820 XmP 10 Zone Convection Reflow Oven
- Orbotech Vantage S-22 AOI
- Custom Automated Test System
Overall Part Dimensions
- Length: 2.227″
- Height: 1.070″
In process testing performed
Industry for Use
- Insert Sensors Into Trays
- Place Into Boxes
- Affix Shipping Labels
- Customer Supplied Specifications
- Lead Free