The Program Manager is accountable for ensuring the successful launch of new projects from the inception stage to manufacture, for a wide array of customers. This includes planning, monitoring the progress and support of new product development and redesign opportunities, encompassing quality, budget and timing targets to ensure customer satisfaction.
Reports to: Director, Engineering
External Contacts: Suppliers & Customers
* Qualifications listed reflect desired qualifications for the position and are intended as a recruitment tool in selecting the best qualified candidate. They are not necessarily reflective of the incumbent.
Engineering Degree/3-Year Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution within a technology engineering discipline.
Formal training in project management methodologies and techniques.
Minimum 5 years technical professional experience within an engineering or technology environment, including a customer service orientation.
Strong manufacturing background, preferably high-volume and electronics technology.
Previous experience with new product development, testing and/or process engineering.
Project management experience, with exposure to scheduling and/or project management software packages.
Previous customer interaction.
Product costing experience.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Well-developed planning, organizational and problem resolution abilities.
- Familiarity with ISO/QS 9000 and TS16949 standards, their application and the importance of quality certification to customers.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
- Self-motivated with demonstrated drive, commitment, energy and enthusiasm for customer service and for resolving product/service issues. Customer focused, goal-oriented and self-driven.
- Knowledge of formal project management methodologies, techniques and software.
- Familiarity with CAD.
- Team player with the ability to interact effectively with all teams (e.g. engineering, sales, manufacturing, and finance).
- Strong PC skills and proficiency in the use of MS Office (Word & Excel) software package and e-mail systems.
1. Establish, drive and maintain Product Development Schedules to ensure new products and redesigns are launched according to delivery dates and customer expectations. Communicate project schedule and current status to all relevant parties (internal and external) on an ongoing basis.
2. Monitor and follow through on open issues related to new product developments. Ensure all relevant departments receive timely and accurate information on the status of issues and are actively involved in resolution of any outstanding concerns.
3. Interface with internal departments to assist with the product development process, (ie. Manufacturing, Quality, Process, Materials, Sales, etc.)
4. Confirm technical requirements for both product and product lines. Assist with technical product and project specification documentation.
5. Coordinate the flow of materials through the manufacturing process to ensure timely deliveries of pre-production products to our customers.
6. Coordinate and facilitate Design Review Meetings with sales and engineering staff, and participate as an active member of the Design Review Team. Prepare minutes and follow up on any action items identified at meetings.
7. Actively contribute to the resolution of pre-production issues and concerns, ensuring all parties are informed on the status on an on-going basis.
8. Assist in the development of accurate product costing for quotation purposes and standard costing of products (materials, labour and overhead). Identify product/process cost reduction opportunities for both Gentherm and the customer and assist with the evaluation and implementation.
9. Support sales staff by providing internal and on-site support to Gentherm customers. Act as liaison between customers, field sales staff and internal departments, problem solving quotations, scheduling and invoicing matters.
10. Contribute to a positive team environment within the Gentherm organization.
11. Other responsibilities, functions, duties and projects as assigned by the Director of Engineering.
Gentherm is a highly customer driven organization. All customer related positions require flexibility in the work schedule to accommodate customer needs. Travel to customer sites is a function of this position. Some production processes require the use of hazardous chemicals and personal protective equipment is required. ESD lab coats and safety glasses with side shields are mandatory within designated areas such as our production facility.
|Job Category||Program Manager|