The Material Handlers are responsible for the control of material from receiving, raw material storage, work order kitting, finished goods storage and packing, shipping and other material control functions namely cycle counting, inventory discrepancy root cause analysis and material recycling.
- Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma (OSSGD) or equivalent.
- Completion of a recognized forklift training program is an asset.
- Additional courses or certification in a recognized logistics program is an asset.
- Experience: Minimum 2 years related warehousing experience, preferably in an electronics/manufacturing environment, preferably conducting cycle counts or in inventory, distribution and operational areas.
- Prior experience/usage of bar-coding equipment.
- MRP/ERP (Visual) usage experience.
- Exposure/experience with TS 16949 and ISO14001 systems.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills in dealing with external suppliers and internal staff.
- Ability to prioritize and manage a variety of tasks in an ever-changing environment.
- Valid Ontario Drivers license required for the use of the company cargo vehicle is an asset in the role.
- Valid Lift Truck license is an asset.
- Computer literacy, specifically on computerized inventory control systems.
- Excellent mathematical skills are required and the ability to perform math calculations when investigating inventory discrepancies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities in resolving inventory discrepancies.
- Attention to detail is required to process accurate documentation.
- Knowledge of proper lifting and carrying techniques, and safe body movements is required.
- Knowledge of safe work procedures related to materials movement is required.
This is a physically demanding position due to the movement of materials.
Lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, reaching, standing, walking, climbing, crouching, kneeling, bending, twisting and other material handling movements are required.
Work occurs in a non-air conditioned environment with exposure to outdoor temperatures.
MUST BE available to work ALL shifts; day, afternoon, mid-day, nights and weekends if required.
Work occurs in a non air conditioned environment with exposure to outdoor temperatures.
Steel toed safety boots are required.
* Although the Material Handler is responsible for daily material operations control, the individual will be assigned a primary role in the material control chain in one of the following responsibilities: Receiving and Storage, Kitting and Cycle Counting, and Shipping and Recycling Control. The Material Handlers also perform back up functions as required for their non-primary roles. IF approved, the Material Handler supports the other departments (Production and Quality) with occasional role backup and electronic assembler overtime.
1. Participates in all physical inventory counts and is an active participant in the year-end inventory.
2. Actively supports Supply Chain Department KPIs.
3. Prepares reports, updates database and maintain records necessary to support the Supply Chain department processes.
4. Ensures quality procedures are followed with regards to material handling.
5. General housekeeping duties and maintains a clean work environment.
6. Contributes to a positive team environment within the Etratech organization.
7. Establishes, maintains and promotes high internal and external customer service standards.
8. Performs back up functions to other material handling positions.
9. Other responsibilities, functions, duties and projects as assigned by the Supervisor, Material Control.
Receiving and Storage:
1. Receiving responsibilities including receipt of goods into facility, packing slip verification, reporting of shipment shortages and damages, and receiving entry into ERP system.
2. Material replenishment to production floor and receiving warehouse primary locations
3. Labeling, bar coding of raw material.
4. Raw material storage set up for space optimization and ease of accessibility.
5. Maintenance of warehouse equipment checks including the company vehicle and forklift
Kitting and Cycle Counting:
1. Kitting and staging of materials in support of production work orders.
2. Performs cycle counts and inventory adjustments including product verification.
3. Assists in root cause analysis for inventory discrepancies.
4. Material shortage reporting within the kitting operations.
Shipping and Recycling Control:
1. Shipping responsibility including shipment preparation and verification, shipping documents generation and maintenance, and courier/transport company arrangements.
2. Ensure shipping compliance with customs regulations (NAFTA, B-13, etc.).
3. Finished goods storage set up for space optimization and ease of accessibility.
4. Recycled material/waste control including proper storage and labeling and disposal pick up arrangement.
5. Maintenance of warehouse equipment checks.
Please refer to the physical demands listed previously. This position is located within the warehouse in a non-air-conditioned environment with exposure to outdoor temperatures. This position requires flexibility in the work schedule to meet customer requirements. Shift and weekend work may be required. The incumbent participates in the annual physical inventory requiring weekend work scheduling. Travel (i.e. driving) for pick ups and deliveries required. Some of Etratech’s production processes require the use of hazardous chemicals and personal protective equipment is required. ESD lab coats and safety glasses with side shields are mandatory within designated areas such as the production facility.
|Job Category||Material Handler|