The Automation Technician maintains and improves capabilities of Gentherm automated processing equipment. This includes performing scheduled preventative maintenance, installing equipment and making modifications and improvements and programming new products on equipment.
* Qualifications listed reflect desired qualifications for the position and are intended as a recruitment tool in selecting the best qualified candidate. They are not necessarily reflective of the incumbent.
§ Degree or 3-Year Industrial Robotics/Automation or Electro/Mechanical Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution or equivalent.
§ Universal, Electrovert, Universal SMT & Through Hole Equipment, Electrovert and SEHO Wave Soldering Equipment, Vitronics Reflow Ovens, and PCB Handling Equipment.
§ Minimum 5 years of experience working on automated equipment, preferably in electronics manufacturing.
§ Strong manufacturing background, preferably in high volume electronics.
§ Experience in light maintenance manufacturing work.
§ Experience troubleshooting electromechanical production equipment.
§ Excellent mechanical abilities in an electronics background.
§ Knowledge of electronic assemblies.
§ Ability to read blueprints and program automated equipment according to company objectives.
§ Hands on problem solver.
§ Strong internal customer service orientation in providing line support.
§ Good interpersonal and verbal communication skills in dealing with all levels of staff.
§ Self-motivated individual who is able to work independently.
§ Ability to work as a team player.
- Maintains and troubleshoots automated electro mechanical production equipment through scheduled preventative maintenance, machine setups, programming and repairs.
- Installs new process equipment.
- Makes modifications and improvements on existing equipment.
- Recommends process improvements to reduce machine downtime, prevent failures and improve servicing to production staff.
- Establishes and maintains excellent working relationships with all production staff to enhance feedback regarding equipment performance.
- Determines PM requirements on equipment and develop a suitable PM schedule to minimize unscheduled down time.
- Assists in determining equipment requirements for the purchase of new production equipment.
- Determine spare parts requirements and order appropriate parts to maintain the spare parts inventory.
- Contributes to a positive team environment within the Gentherm organization.
- Other responsibilities, functions, duties and projects as assigned by the Manufacturing Manager.
This position requires flexibility in the daily work schedule due to machine issues. Shift and weekend work is also a requirement of this position. Some of Gentherm’s production processes require the use of hazardous chemicals and personal protective equipment is required. ESD labcoats and safety glasses with side shields are mandatory within designated areas such as our production facility.
|Job Category||Equipment Automation Technician|