The Quality Engineer will deal with customers, sales and engineering on APQP activities for new programs. Work with Program Managers and Process Engineers to coordinate and prepare PPAP submissions. The incumbent will work with the Process and Manufacturing departments to solve in-house quality concerns; review and recommend disposition of non-conforming product; conduct investigations on non-conformances and recommend corrective actions; directly interface with the customer to resolve quality concerns – containment, root cause, corrective action and final resolution.
QUALIFICATIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) designation from the ASQ (American Society for Quality).
- Degree/3-Year Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Participate as an active team member of the Quality Team and ongoing maintenance of our quality certifications
- Prepare and maintain PFMEA and Controls plans for new and existing automotive products
- Prepare risk management for medical products to meet ISO 13485 requirements
- Complete PPAP submissions to customers
- Complete SREA submissions as required
- Participate in design reviews with the goal of mistake proofing and creating production capable processes
- Complete corrective action returns from customers
- Communicate directly with automotive customers in order to solve quality problems
- Ability to travel on short notice if required (Valid Canadian passport required)
- Assist with in-house quality projects and problems
- Work closely with process and production departments
- Perform backup function for internal audits and quality training as required
- Contribute to an overall positive work environmenet
- Other duties and responsibilities as required by the Quality Manager
Human Resources invite inquires and questions regarding this position. If you are interested in this role, or are able to refer someone, please forward a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by November 30, 2017.
|Job Category||engineer, quality engineer|