The Labview Test Engineer designs, develops and programs new testers required for Etratech’s manufacturing facilities, as well as maintains and improves capabilities of existing tester equipment. The incumbent performs a leadership role by coordinating the build and release of tester equipment to production, providing training, analyzing tester issues, facilitating solutions and making performance recommendations to management as well as assisting in the sourcing of new tester equipment for manufacturing.
- University Degree or Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution in a relevant field of study
- Minimum of 5 years experience working on tester equipment in an electronics manufacturing environment.
- Experiencing using Labview software is a MUST.
- Prior working experience utilizing various test and measurement instruments.
- HP in circuit test system experience.
- Inspection camera experience.
- Highly proficient in microcontroller, programmable logic controls and pneumatics programming to support manufacturing.
- Tester design and development experience is required including hardware, software and schematics.
- Leadership experience preferred, with demonstrated facilitation/mediation skills and a focus on longer term planning.
- Performs a lead role with a focus on delivery/coordination of new testers to Etratech Production facilities, meeting the internal customer schedule, longer term planning, training and facilitating group solutions.
- Designs, develops and programs new testers utilized in the manufacturing process. This includes hardware, software and schematics.
- Analyzes production issues as they relate to tester capabilities and performance, and makes necessary repairs.
- Recommends solutions, procedures and strategies for maximum tester performance, and any other related production or process issues.
- Facilitates tester communications ensuring all pertinent staff are informed and conducts tester design reviews. Establishes and maintains excellent working relationships with Production Supervisors and staff to enhance feedback regarding proper test performance.
- Co-ordinates the build and release of all new tester equipment to the production floor ensuring proper documentation, and assists with functional tester outsourcing.
- Maintains documentation for test equipment.
- Provides training instruction on testing and conducts assembler training as required.
- Contributes to a positive team environment within the Etratech organization.
- Other responsibilities, functions, duties and projects as assigned by the Director of Engineering.
Human Resources invite inquires and questions regarding this position. If you are interested in this role, or are able to refer someone, please forward a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by November 30, 2017.
|Job Category||engineer, test engineer|