Join us in the highly technical field; be involved with our turnkey solution team in a progressive manufacturing environment, with an established Canadian based ODM business in Burlington.
Headquartered in Burlington Ontario, Etratech Inc. is a privately held corporation established in 1989. Our specialty is the development, design and manufacture of advanced electronic controls and other control systems for major multinational companies. We serve Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and other manufacturing firms with a turnkey solution that extends far beyond traditional electronic manufacturing services (EMS). As an industry leader with a tireless commitment to exceeding customer expectations we strive to offer the best and seek no less from our hand picked team.
The Electronics Designer is responsible for all aspects of electronic design from Schematic capture through PCB Layout and Software Development. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that electronic hardware and software used in new or revised product meets or exceeds design specifications.
- University Degree or 3-Year Technology Diploma in Electronics Engineering from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Specialized computer software and hardware design courses or training.
- Minimum 5 years hands- on working experience in Electronics hardware design, analog and digital.
- Prior experience working from engineering drawings and schematics.
- Prior experience generating custom electronic hardware designs for the automotive and/or appliance market.
- Strong manufacturing background, preferably in high volume electronics.
- Extensive experience in microcontrollers using both C and Assembly language programming.
- Sound knowledge in analog and digital hardware concepts and design.
- Excellent programming skills.
- Fundamental knowledge of PWB layout, rules and criteria.
- Demonstrated experience in CAE software programs (i.e. Altium, DxDesigner, Power PCB).
- Skill in use of tools and equipment used for Electronic hardware test purposes. (ie. oscilloscopes, multimeters, function generators, etc.)
- Understanding of Agency Standards and Regulations for the Manufacturing industry.
- Familiarity with automated assembly equipment specifications and the manufacturability of product.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills in a project engineering environment.
- Strong PC skills and proficiency in the use of MS Office (Word & Excel) software package and e-mail systems.
- Working knowledge of ISO13485 &/or TS16949 Quality Systems.
- Displays attention to detail, and well-developed multi-tasking and prioritizing abilities.
- Results-oriented, self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Solid planning, organizational and problem solving skills enabling the incumbent to meet deadlines for Electronic hardware designs.
One of Canada’s 2015 Top 100 Small and Medium Business Employers.