Our Quality Policy: Total Customer Satisfaction!
- Etratech is committed to consistently meet our customer expectations for product quality and service in the innovative design and manufacture of custom electronic controls.
- Etratech will achieve total customer satisfaction through measurable continual improvement of our internal processes and systems.
- Etratech is committed to comply with the requirements and continually improve and maintain effectiveness of the quality management system.
- Etratech’s Quality Management System will ensure that our Quality Policy is followed in product design, development, and manufacturing. This is accomplished by Top Management Reviews of the quality management system on a planned basis and by providing guidance for all employees and departments in practicing and improving the defined system.
Staffing for Quality
Etratech employs a full-time Quality Assurance Manager and support staff to supervise and implement in-line testing and product inspections at multiple points in the receiving, manufacturing, finishing and packaging process. Our Quality Assurance Manager is authorized and fully supported to act to ensure high standards of product quality and conformance to customer specifications.
We employ cross-functional teams to put into practice our continual improvement projects. Quality is always a journey and with each customer, our goal is to exceed their expectations.
Quality Management System
Etratech’s comprehensive Quality Management System meets the International Standards Organization (ISO) program ISO/TS 16949:2009 – the international quality management standard created for organizations that produce parts, sub-assemblies, process materials, and certain other products and services for automotive industry OEMs. This system documents every step of our process, from customer interaction and the RFQ process, to design and product development, review and approvals, scheduling of manufacturing resources, materials sourcing, purchasing and receiving, manufacturing (including detailed inspections at every stage of manufacturing), final testing, packaging to customer requirements and shipping.
Environmental Policy: Committed to a Greener Tomorrow
Etratech is committed to managing its operations in an environmentally responsible manner and determined to be distinguished in environmental performance. Etratech’s management team is committed to achieving its goals through prevention of pollution, reducing impact of its operation on environment, community, supplier, customer and employees.
To ensure environmentally responsible behaviour, we will strive to achieve the following objectives through continual improvement of our Environmental Management System:
- Comply with environmental laws and regulations as well as other requirements;
- Use products and processes that are environmentally friendly;
- Review and set objectives and targets that continually reduce waste by reducing scrap and conservation of natural resources such as energy and water;
- Practice effective pollution prevention; proper handling and storage of materials and responsible waste management;
- Provide adequate information and training to individuals to encourage effective contributions;
- Communicate policy to employees, contractor & community effectively;
- Maintain good communications with local community and other organizations with an interest in our environmental performance.
The ISO/TS 16949 standard is comprised of ISO 9001:2000 plus more than one thousand requirements specific to the auto industry. Major auto makers have also established their own supplemental requirements.
Achieving this standard means we can assure customers in every industry sector that we’re matching the highest international benchmarks for quality, reliability and continuous improvement throughout our organization.
Etratech originally achieved ISO/TS 16949 certification status in October, 2004 and is presently certified to the ISO/TS 16949:2009 Technical Specification, reinforcing our position as a high-quality supplier to many industries. Our quality standards rival those of the world’s largest and highest-profile electronic control suppliers. Additionally, Etratech has achieved ISO 14000 and ISO 13485.
Total Customer Satisfaction – A Team Effort
We pursue total customer satisfaction through total quality management, lean manufacturing and continuous improvement processes – enhancing quality, increasing efficiency and reducing costs. Ongoing employee training ensures our staff works effectively and keeps procedures up-to-date. We continuously enlist the participation of all employees in quality-assurance activities and improvement suggestions.
Regular management team reviews of the entire process also cover aspects of operations that have a direct influence on quality, including supplier status, product standards, on-time delivery, opportunities for continuous improvement and more. Internal audits allow us to closely examine and evaluate the details of operations that affect quality, reliability, product performance and customer satisfaction. Our own quality management system is itself systematically assessed for effectiveness and for opportunities to implement improvements.
Our unique Total Acquisition Management™ (T.A.M.) process enhances quality control when offshore production is required through a strict supplier rating system. Our attention to quality extends to the environment in which we all work at Etratech. We constantly strive to ensure that it is environmentally safe and conducive to positive morale. For us, quality is always a team effort!